This almost seems as if it is a rhetorical question nowadays. Customers all seem to use their credit card. But for the business owner, accepting credit cards is often expensive – this is especially true if you use a merchant account that is ill suited to your business. So why don’t we get the “skinny” on setting up a merchant account to automate and simplify your company…
The Benefits, in Plain English
In almost all cases, it will only benefit you – profit wise – to have a merchant account. As long as you conduct a reasonable amount of research before choosing a credit card processor that fits your particular business, here is a list of perks that you’ll have access to the instant you sign up for a merchant account:
1. Once you are able to take credit cards you can accept any kind of payment – never forfeit a sale again if someone didn’t bring cash (or have enough money in their checking account to write a check). You’ll discover that your profits will go up when you make paying more convenient for your clients.
2. One of the superior advantages of getting a merchant account (credit card processing service) is that clients are able to purchase your merchandise easily in almost any location. This is able put your business on an international level – particularly with the arrival of the internet.
3. For those who are selling products via the web, processing payments automatically will become a possibility – this means that you are able to be “open” 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
4. The credit card processing service has a built-in fraud and security protection system that offers you protection via the use of VeriSign SSL Certificate and AVS (Address Verification Service) which makes the transactions on your site nearly invincible.
Choosing the Best Merchant Service for Your Business…
Now, considering all of the benefits stated above, you should know what to expect in a merchant service in order to maximize your earnings – and the superior, dependable service that your company deserves. Here are some aspects you should think about:
1. Don’t worry if the application fee is pricey. Many services that charge a high approval rate supply faultless services, and certainly will be worthy of the fee paid. The high-end services will also set up your account and be ready to use in mere hours.
2. Often, companies who offer realistic fees instead of ridiculously low rates will be lacking hidden fees – such as penalties to cancel or “junk” fees. So don’t rest your decision only on the price of any given service.
3. Be vigilant when you are first asking about setting up a merchant account with any company. If their answers are punctual and they really seem to be concerned about you – their potential client – then there is a good chance, that this type of service will be given to you throughout your relationship with them.
By this time, you are surely realizing the benefits of being able to accept credit cards – instead of attempting to “save” cash by not setting up a merchant account. In fact, if you choose not to invest in a quality, pertinent merchant account it has the potential to be one of the most costly expenses you’ll ever receive.
Increase your profits right now, just by making it simpler for you – and your clients. It is time to take the plunge and begin accepting credit cards at your place of business. Your wallet will thank you for it…